Sunday 18 October 2009

Featured Breed: Great Dane

As the name suggests this is a Danish breed. Or at least I think it is. The word "Danish" appears 6 times in the article on Wikipedia I didn't read. However the word "mystery" does not appear at all. So why is it that Scooby Doo is a Great Dane? Surely this was decided for a reason rather than being entirely arbitrary? I had assumed that for whatever reason that this was an assumed trait of the breed, much like how Collies are known to rescue people, and St. Bernards like to drink whiskey.
Scooby Doo is a cartoon with possibly the second stupidest name next to Spongebob Squarepants. He was invented by a guy called Iwao Takamoto, who looks like an absolute badass. He also designed Astro from the Jetsons, who let's assume was a Great Dane as well. I don't think it's ever specified. Maybe whatever breed his is doesn't exist yet. Like a Laser Hound or something.
For some time (how long I don't know since I did even less research than usual today. I think it's going well anyway though, ay?) the Great Dane was thought to be the world's tallest dog. Now it's second to the Irish Wolfhound. Which must suck for them. I was always the tallest in my class, but then when I moved to a new school I wasn't the tallest of anything. Shit sucks, man.

Stupid Ugly Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment